Quality Control Analyst
JAC supplies and supports the UK’s most popular Hospital Pharmacy computer software system along with a groundbreaking Electronic Prescribing and Medicines Administration recording system. As part of our vision to extend the reach of our integrated medicines management solution we are looking to expand our Quality Control department.
Reporting to the Quality Control Manager, the successful candidate will be part of a small but highly skilled team, testing new functionality as well as enhancements to the current product. Candidates should possess the ability to work independently, although team work and problem solving skills are essential.
The candidate will need to demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail together with analytical thinking and the ability to deal rapidly and effectively with complex issues. Experience in using the JAC Medicines Management system is preferred but training will be offered to suitable candidates. Quality Control experience and experience with automated testing tools would be advantageous. Understanding and prior use of JIRA and Confluence would also be beneficial.
The post will be located at JAC’s office in Basildon, Essex however remote working may be considered.
The position is a full-time permanent post.
A self motivated individual capable of working independently as well as in a team. The ability to prioritise and work to deadlines is important along with good communication skills. Analysis and problem solving form an important part of the day to day role.
To provide software testing of newly developed features and enhanced functionality.
- All aspects of quality control.
- Analysing Salesforce support calls from the helpdesk.
- Attend specification review meetings and walk-thrus.
- Review of use cases and usability of functionality based on JIRA Epics and Stories.
- Review and contribute to test plans for Interface testing, Stock Control and Prescribing programs according to operational requirements.
- Implement tests at all test levels, execute and log the tests, evaluating the results.
- Execution of exploratory tests.
- Regression tests.
- All other forms of testing necessary.
- Generation of problem reports with accompanying data analysis.
- Generation of test plans for problem resolution software.
- Retesting of problem report resolution software.
- Scripting of automated tests.
- Review of tests developed by co-workers.
- Training of internal teams on new releases.
- Support for beta sites.
- Patch testing.
- Revision testing.
- Proof reading of release notes.
- Any other tasks as requested by the Quality Control Manager.
- Microsoft Office.
- Logical thinker with analytical abilities.
- Good Understanding of computer systems.
- Knowledge of JAC systems and software.
- Use of automated testing tools.
- ISTQB Foundation Qualification.
- Previous use of Jira and Confluence.
For further information, an application form and job description please contact Denise Allars on 01268416348.
Closing date for applications: Friday 3rd November 2017.Read More