JAC supplies and supports the UK’s most popular Hospital Pharmacy computer software system along with a ground breaking Electronic Prescribing and Medicines Administration system. As part of our vision to extend the reach of our integrated medicines management solution we are looking to recruit an R&D Manager.
- Managing project teams during the software product development cycle for complex/critical development projects. Ensure project success, satisfaction of project obligations, and the transition of software into a general availability status.
- Ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of new versions of JAC Products.
- To work closely with all departments to ensure that their activities are consistent with the company’s development plans.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
JAC has a requirement for an R&D Manager to manage product delivery by working closely with and managing the Product Manager, Development Manager and Quality Control Manager and ensure on-time delivery of the company’s product roadmap and software releases. As a Senior member of the Management team this role is accountable for product delivery and will be part of the Product Strategy Board and report to the Chief Executive.
The key objectives of the role are, but not limited to, the following:
Standards of performance
- Work with Product Management and other R&D team members to develop specific plans and approaches to achieve the objectives of each assigned project.
- Accept assignments with open, cooperative, positive and team-oriented attitudes.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communications with customers, coworkers, and third parties.
- Demonstrate leadership, motivational, and organizational qualities.
- Comply with Quality System Regulation, current Good Manufacturing Practices and other regulatory processes as required.
- Follow applicable standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Employ Project Management Best Practices to ensure achievement of objectives for assigned projects.
- Work with Management and other R&D staff to project resource requirements based on project schedules and business forecasts and to perform resource scheduling.
- Manage the customer relationship by setting expectations, understanding and meeting the customer’s needs, and representing the company.
- Ensure internal and external customer satisfaction by adherence to all deliverable dates in project plan.
- Participate and drive continuous improvement efforts to refine the company’s R&D methodologies and practices.
- Coordinate all aspects of assigned projects with staff members assigned to the project.
- Ensure staff members accurately and consistently document time expended and progress achieved against assigned activities in the R&D time tracking system.
- Respond to escalated customer service requests per the established processes and criteria. May provide support to customers after hours and on weekends. Resolve problems efficiently and professionally by applying knowledge of software, applications and hardware.
- Participate in company initiatives as needed.
- Participate in the company’s Performance Management and annual review processes as required.
- Assist Sales and Marketing efforts as required.
- Participate in the training and/or mentoring programs.
- Adhere to Company personnel policies and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Direct co-workers to research customer problems and find solutions.
- Direction and management of assigned project staff in support of departmental and company goals.
- Confer with manager to clarify priorities, escalation processes, and assignments.
- Actively participate in department and company meetings.
- Represent Company in a professional manner.
- Control expenses per established guidelines.
- Represent Company position in correspondence to customers.
Preparation, training, experience
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in Software Development. Prior clinical systems experience is preferred.
- 2 years Project Management experience in software engineering (PRINCE qualified preferable).
- Experience with Confluence/Jira is preferred.
- Experience in Development and QC methodologies.
- Customer Relationship Management experience.
- Post-implementation customer service for information systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, a “team player”.
- Previous experience with software tools such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office.
- Able to work in a fast paced deadline oriented environment.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for medical devices, Quality System Regulation, and other regulatory requirements as needed.
Minimal training requirements
- Software Development Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guides as required.
- Knowledge of Quality System Regulation, and other regulations as required.
It is the overall goal of the company to develop its current and future markets and the R&D Manager will be expected to recognise and support the business objectives of the company. These include:
- Being able to travel both within current and future markets as may be deemed necessary from time to time.
- Understanding, supporting and communicating both internally and externally the company’s vision and goals.
- Understanding the financial targets of the company and recommending activities in support of these target
- Eligibility to join the company pension scheme.
- Eligibility to join the company bonus scheme.
- Expenses as per the company’s policy.
- 25 days leave a year.
- Relocation assistance.
This position is based at JAC’s offices in Basildon.
Please submit your cv to Denise Allars, Financial Controller via email: firstname.lastname@example.orgRead More