“With over 22,000 medication errors a year in the UK according to a recent NHS study, it is clear to see why the digitisation of prescribing and medicines management is one of the highest priority improvement mandates for patient safety today.” – Dr. Francis Andrews
The UK’s leading medicines management specialist JAC [stand K26], is delighted to announce that Dr. Francis Andrews, Assistant Medical Director & EPMA Project Chairman at St. Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, will be speaking at Health & Care on June 28 at 10:30am on how its new EPMA is transforming medicines administration, reducing prescription errors and enhancing patient safety.
- Winning & keeping team cooperation
- Choosing the right EPMA supplier
- Creating successful pilot conditions
- Integrating with PAS & other systems
- Change management & training (including agency staff)
- Identifying paper-to-digital transition issues
- Reducing prescription errors
- Integrated medicines data flow from admission to discharge
- Extending EPMA into the community
Dr. Francis Andrews
How EPMA is transforming patient safety at St. Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
June 28, 10:30-11am
Digital Theatre II
Dr. Andrews’ full EPMA case study is available here.